Thursday, April 16, 2009

The sun is out this morning.

We woke up this morning to sunshine. I WA that makes any day more special. So far off to a good day. Jean helped Kay get a shampoo, still no showers as we have to keep the dressing over her port dry. Morning tea, the newspaper, we are trying to make this seem like vacation. The difference is Kay is not devouring a big breakfast, just nibbling at bland stuff. Anyway we plan to make this a great day.

Kay plans to sit in a lawn chair and give me guidance as I plant the spring bulbs she had planned on doing about this time of year. We figure we may have more time at home than usual to enjoy looking at the garden, so want to make sure it gets planted.

Jean goes back to school today, has a class tonight, and I am encouraging her to stay for the weekend, have some normal life, and let me hold down the fort here for a few days. She has been like having the super combo daughter, housekeeper, hairdresser, cheerleader, and general all around cook and bottle washer.

Brett is back at school today and tomorrow. He also has been at Kay and my beck and whim this week. Although they have both been extremely helpful, and we love their company and support, it will be nice to have an evening alone tonight too. Just Kay and me, quiet, and on our own.

As I mentioned Fay and Mary (Kay's Mom and sister) are coming tomorrow, and we look forward to their visit.

Keep up the prayers, we feel all the support. I'm off to the YMCA before Jean leaves for Portland.

Ed

1 comment:

Traci said...

Ginger Ale, Ginger Tea and Ginger Snapps, all good to help with the neasuea. I'm am sure you already knew that, but thought I'd through it out there.
What a beautiful day and weekend to have a visit from family and enjoy the outdoors.
I have started to take time at the end of each day and reflect on "where I saw God today"...It's nice to find that he is everywhere.
I am sure in a few months you will see Him in each of the little bulbs you are planting today.