Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ed's Mom Update

I got a call this morning that my Mom, Louise, had a generalized seizure. She had been doing generally but non-specifically poorly for a few days, and this morning after a visit to her doctor had a seizure at home. It happened in the midst of a major storm, and the paramedics brought her to Central Maine Medical Center in Waterville. There she was found to have a major brain tumor, most likely metastatic from her prior throat cancer, and to have the equivalent of a major stroke.

I'm going to try to get to Maine tonight and tomorrow. I have a red-eye from Seatac to Newark and on to Portland, ME. Weather allowing I'll get in tomorrow mid-morning to Portland, and to Waterville by noon or so. More likely it will be delayed by the storm, but I'll get there as soon as I can.

Please keep Louise and Horace, along with Bill in your prayers. Pray for comfort for Louise, peace for the rest.

I'll post again when I can.

Kay finishes her last course of this cycle of chemo this week, and plans to visit SoCal next week unless a funeral in ME happens instead.

Kay remains well, is upbeat and her usual incredible self.

Ed

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ed and Kay, we are so sorry to hear of your Mom. Please don't hesitate to call if we can help you in anyway. With love and prayers, Sam & Sue